Maximum Motorsports 2003-04 Cobra Mustang Caster Camber Plates provide the means to properly align your Mustang's front tires. Especially well-suited for lowered Mustang Cobras because MM's innovative design provides a much wider range of adjustment for camber than the stock adjustment slots.
- Designed specifically for the OEM Bilstein struts Ford fitted to the 2003-04 Cobras. The OEM dustcovers on those struts are not compatible with our standard Caster Camber Plates (MMCC9994) for 1994-04 Mustangs. The MMCC0304 kit includes suitable dustcovers to fit the OEM Bilstein struts.
- While originally intended for 2003-04 Cobras, the MMCC0304 Caster Camber Plates will fit any 1994-04 Mustang using Bilstein, MM Sport, or MM Race series front struts.
- There are only two differences between these Caster Camber Plates and our MMCC9994 Caster Camber Plates: The inclusion of dust boots, and the omission of our urethane bumpstops. The bumpstops are omitted because Bilstein and MM struts have internal bumpstops.
Better by design
- Maximum Motorsports invented the double-adjustable caster camber plate for Mustangs in 1993. That innovation pioneered the separate and independent adjustment of caster and camber for Mustangs.
- Maximum Motorsports invented the 4-bolt caster camber plate for 1994-04 Mustangs. That innovation provided the strength required to support a coil-over conversion.
Why do I need MM caster camber plates?
- Lowering your Mustang will cause the top of the front tires to "lean in" towards the center of the car (increased negative camber), resulting in uneven tire wear.
- This excessive negative camber can be easily corrected with the Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates, allowing alignment to factory specifications.
- Lowering your Mustang also results in a reduction of bump travel, which will degrade ride quality. Installation of Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber plates restores most of the lost bump travel.
- MM Caster Camber Plates provide the means to adjust the front alignment for improved performance.
The wider range of camber adjustment allows the reduction of excessive negative camber caused by lowering. That will improve tire wear of a street-driven Mustang. Camber may be adjusted to a much more negative setting for more front grip when cornering.
MM Caster Camber Plates provide adjustment of caster, which is otherwise not adjustable. Increasing the amount of positive caster improves straight-line stability. Increasing the amount of caster also helps increase front grip during cornering because additional cater causes an increase in negative camber on the outside tire when the car is steered into a corner. The increased negative camber increases cornering grip. The increase in negative camber is only present while the tire is steered, and therefore does not harm tire wear.
- Main plate is laser-cut from high-grade alloy steel, not mild steel. The increased strength greatly reduces the possibility of bending.
- MM-designed spherical bearing is custom made in the U.S.A.
- Durable black powdercoat finish is standard.
- Chrome finish on the main plate is optional.