Coil-over conversion fits Koni, Tokico, Strange and 2.2" Lakewood front struts (see below for more Lakewood info). Allows easy adjustment of ride height. Improves handling and ride quality by deleting the stock-location front springs in favor of springs mounted on the struts.
- Ability to choose from a wide range of spring rates; from very soft to very stiff.
- Improves handling (reduces body roll and quickens steering response) without degrading ride quality because the coil-over spring location improves the motion ratio, allowing a much higher wheel rate than is possible with a stock-location spring.
- Improves ride quality by eliminating the largest source of friction in the front suspension, allowing easier suspension movement for reduced harshness.
- Provides easy ride height adjustment.
- Reduces unsprung weight, which improves handling and ride quality.
- Allows easy spring swapping.
- Ride height may be retained after swapping to springs with a different rate.
- A wide range of spring rates are available. Contact us for help choosing rates for your specific Mustang and your driving situation.
- Koni Sport SA and DA struts
- Tokico Illumina and D-spec struts (some modification to strut body required; see MMCO-2 installation instructions).
- Strange adjustable struts; see important note below.
- Lakewood struts having a 2.2" diameter strut housing diameter. Measure yours! Some modification to strut body required; see MMCO-2 installation instructions.
Does NOT fit
- Lakewood struts having a 2.0" diameter strut housing diameter. Measure yours!
- QA1 struts
Strange struts: It appears that in 2017 Strange changed the powder coating on their strut housings. The new coating is sometimes thick enough to prevent installing a threaded coil-over sleeve onto the strut housing. This doesn't just apply to MM sleeves; Strange's own sleeves also have this same potential interference.
- Sand the outside of the strut housing by hand. This will work only if the interference is very small. If 5 minutes of sanding is not enough to slide the threaded sleeve on, proceed to step 2.
- Put the struts into your freezer overnight. Put each threaded sleeve into a pot of water, and bring the water to a boil. Remove the hot sleeve (take care to avoid getting burned) and slip it over the cold strut housing.
- This is not an ill-fitting universal kit. Only fits the struts listed in the Fitment section.
- Front bump and droop travel can be optimized for your Mustang by adjusting the placement of the strut shaft locating spacers between the upper spring perch and the camber plate.
- Needle thrust bearing above the upper spring perch lowers friction, reducing steering effort.
- O-rings seal the needle bearings to prevent contamination.
- Threads are hard-anodized for longevity and easier adjustment of the spring perch.
- Struts require a slight modification for installation.
- Includes an assortment of spacers to ensure proper clearance under the strut tower.
- Lower spring perch has Nylon-tipped stainless steel setscrews to prevent unwanted rotation.
- Includes exclusive MM tool (MMT-9) to aid with chassis clearancing.
- Includes bumpstops.
Required for installation
- Quality camber plates with spherical bearings, not urethane bushings or a stock upper strut mount
- Koni, Tokico, and Strange struts
- Coil-over springs
- Coil-over conversion is compatible with stock front control arms and stock k-member. Aftermarket control arms and k-member are not required.
- COP-2 package includes springs.
- For help choosing spring rates, read the Guide to Choosing Spring Rates and Dampers.
- For help choosing performance struts for your driving situation, contact us.
- Read the MMCO-2 installation instructions before ordering.