1987-2004 Mustang, MM Sport series damper package for IRS Mustang, includes 2 MM Sport struts and 2 MM Sport shocks.
- Intended for street-driven Mustangs with front coil-over spring rates of 350 lb/in to 400 lb/in and rear coil-over spring rates of 500 lb/in to 600 lb/in.
- Shocks do not include shock mount bushings because they are part of the coil-over conversion kit these shocks are intended to accompany.
- Can be used with high rate conventional springs: Expect good performance with compromised ride quality, and requires ordering lower shock mount bushings separately.
- Includes MMD-FC10SP1 front struts.
- Includes MB-2959-S1 rear shocks.
For more details and technical information, scrolldown.
- Firm, yet good ride quality, as is expected of a performance car
- MM struts are made with patented mono-tube technology
- Inverted strut design has very large strut shaft bushings for greater resistance to deflection from cornering loads, and protection of the oil seal
- High nitrogen gas pressure prevents oil foaming and resultant fading
- Monotube design has better heat dissipation than twin-tube dampers, keeps the oil cooler, and decreases heat-induced damper fade
- Velocity-sensitive valving improves ride quality
- Each MM strut and shock is tested on a shock dyno
- MM rear shocks come with an integral, progressive bump stop
- MM struts do not come with dustcovers because these struts are intended for use with coil-overs, and the appropriate small dustcovers are included with our front coil-over kit.
- Sport series rear shocks are ready to accept the MM rear coil-over conversion kit; they are manufactured with the groove in the shock body that is required by a coil-over conversion kit
- When used with conventional stock-location springs, the MM Sport series dampers provide excellent control. While ideal for track use, in street use there is an increase in ride harshness when driven on rough pavement.
Offered exclusively by Maximum Motorsports for aggressive street driving, autocross, and open-tracking. The MM Sport series dampers are intended for street-driven Mustangs with spring rates higher than the rates compatible with Bilstein's HD series dampers. Constructed with the highest-grade materials and extreme attention to detail, Maximum Motorsports manufactures the finest dampers possible.
When used with conventional stock-location springs, the MM Sport series dampers provide excellent control. While ideal for track use, in street use there is an increase in ride harshness when driven on rough pavement.
MM Sport Series struts and shocks are the perfect choice for a dual-purpose car that sees aggressive street driving and occasional open-tracking. Designed to control aggressive coil-over spring rates while still maintaining good ride quality, the MM Sport struts and shocks are intended for a high performance street-driven car equipped with coil-overs. The MM Sport series rear shocks are ready to accept the MM rear coil-over conversion kit; they are manufactured with the groove in the shock body that is required by a coil-over conversion kit.
All MM non-adjustable struts and shocks utilize patented mono-tube technology. Compared to twin-tube dampers, these provide better heat dissipation to keep the damper's oil cool, which decreases heat-induced damper fade. The highest nitrogen gas pressure available prevents oil foaming and fading. The inverted strut design allows for very large strut shaft bushings, which are less prone to deflection. This inverted strut design also keeps the oil seal protected from the elements. Every MM damper is tested on a shock dyno before leaving the factory to ensure quality.
All MM struts feature unique proprietary strut housings with high-strength mounting ears. These mounting ears prevent the possibility of bending as a result of brake-torque reaction loads. All MM rear shocks come with an integral, progressive bumpstop.
Warranty on MM struts is 3 years.
- Choosing the right damper
- What's a "damper"?
- Adjustable vs. non-adjustable dampers
- Matching spring rates with dampers
- Spindle swapping tech